sacredheartlogo
cornerleft cornerright
leftbox rightbox
Sisters of St. Joseph of St. Marc

Rev. Fr. Pierre Paul Blanck founded the Congregation of the Sisters of St. Joseph in France near Colmar at Elsas on 3rd March, 1845. The founder entrusted the Congregation, to the special protection of St. Joseph. This had the characteristic of an Episcopal congregation. By the end of the First World War, Elsas became a French territory. Slowly and gradually, the field of action of the St. Joseph Sisters expanded and it crossed the frontiers of France to Germany. On 7th June 1920, St. Trudpert became a Province. In 1970, the Province became an independent Congregation called S.JST.

The amalgamation of both the congregations, Sisters of St. Joseph of St. Trudpert and Sisters of St. Joseph of Saint-Marc took place on 8th November 2001, enjoying the identity of Papal Congregation. After the amalgamation, the first general chapter took place in October 2004. The chapter decided to take the original name of the congregation SISTERS OF ST. JOSEPH OF “SAINT –MARC” (SJSM). The SJSM congregation is present in France, Germany, America, India, Russia and Tanzania

The charism of the SJSM congregation is Adoration of the Blessed Sacrament and service to the poor and needy. The sisters concentrate on visiting the poor, visiting and counseling inmates in the Prison, caring for the aged, being with the sick in hospitals, dispensaries and Leprosy-centres, teaching, caring for the girls in the boarding, pastoral activities and social work.


SISTERS OF ST. JOSEPH OF ST. MARC,
Kanchan Building,
Flat No. 402- 406,
Sher e Punjab,
Mahakali Caves Road,
Andheri East,
Mumbai – 400 093

Tel: 91-022-28375396

bottomleft botright

Sacred Heart Church - ©2017