The Bible Cell was established in the year 1997. Presently there are 12 Ministers of the Word in the Cell.
The Objective of this Cell is To Know, Accept and Believe the Word of God (John 1: 9-12)
Our parish Bible Cell is affiliated to Ministry of the Word, Commissioned by the Bishop of Archdiocese of Bombay. We meet every Tuesday after the evening Mass in the Mini Hall on the first floor of our Community Centre.
The role and the importance of the Word of God for the Christian Community can be summarized in the words and the message of the Synod of Bishops held in Rome for the Synod on the Word of God. The Synod Fathers felt that the Bible is Constitutive of the Christian Community (along with the Sacraments) for the following reasons:
- The Church is Born and Lives by the Word of God
- The Word of God Sustains the Church throughout Her History.
- Through the Power of the Holy Spirit, the Word of God Permeates and Animates every aspect of the Church’s Life
- The Church is Nourished on the Word in various ways
Our Activities include :
- Conducting regular weekly Bible classes for the parishioners (Tuesday at 7.45 pm)
- Conducting Vacation Bible Joy program for children of our Parish from Std I – 10.
- Animating the Eucharistic adoration
In the near future the Bible Cell has plans to hold the following activities :
- Celebrate the whole week leading to Bible Sunday (Feb)
- Encourage having at least one Bible per family through Free/Subsidized Bible Program
- Organize Intra Parish Quiz Event
- Hold Recollections and Fellowship for the members of the Cell
- Hold Bible related Exhibition in the Church
- Conduct Bible sharing at Recollection / Programs of other Association or homes (family) within SCC
- Communities for an apt occasion. eg.candle prayer, statue circulation.
- Explain mysteries of Rosary/Station of Cross from Biblical angle at community gatherings
- Publish articles, Bible Quiz, Testimonies, etc. in parish Bulletin/notice board
- Have special (Biblical) talks for specific group/parishioners for eg. Apologetics – people leaving church, Sex & Abortion – youth, Eucharist – Word made flesh, etc.
- Spread the mission statement “Bible – key to every problem”
- Screen Bible related movies for children / everyone on holidays or Sunday or once a month
- Teach children methods of Bible sharing
- Reach out to Konkani speaking people through CDs of New Testament.